Gunmen invaded the Government Science Secondary College, Kankara on Friday, December 11, 2020, with over 300 college students unaccounted for 5 days later.
DHQ spokesperson, Major-General John Enenche, stated during an interview on Arise News on Wednesday, December 16, 2020, that the army is doing its best to make sure the safe return of the kidnapped students.
He is known to call on grieving parents to assist troops with prayers for the students’ return.
He mentioned, “Be patient with us and continue to pray for us in order that we succeed because, in everything you do, it’s essential to pray.
“With what the military is doing, by the grace of God, we believe that the kids will come out alive.”
Katsina governor, Aminu Bello Masari, mentioned earlier this week that the federal government has already commenced negotiations with the kidnappers to make sure the scholars return unharmed.
DHQ spokesperson, Major-General John Enenche [DHQ]
In an audio recording reported days after the attack, Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, claimed responsibility for the abductions, a repeat of the abductions of schoolgirls in Chibok, Borno in 2014, and Dapchi, Yobe in 2018.
Nonetheless, Enenche said in his Wednesday interview that Shekau’s claim is not to be taken seriously.
The DHQ spokesperson mentioned terrorists are all the time making an attempt to spice up their egos and present relevance with events they are not answerable for.
He additionally disputed that it was Shekau speaking in the recorded audio.
“Somebody spoke on audio and said, ‘I am Shekau’. Shekau on a secondary note is a brand.
“All that needs to be done is somebody using his voice. The total aim of terrorists is to instill fear into people even beyond their scope of influence,” he mentioned.
Boko Haram’s actions have been largely restricted to the northeast area over the previous 10 years, with legal actions within the northwest attributed to standalone bandits.
MOST RECENT POSTS
/ 3 days ago
Man declared wanted over theft of iPhone 13 Pro Max and alleged hypnotization of a female entrepreneur (video) TopGist
A N200K reward has been promised after a man was declared wanted over theft of...
/ 4 days ago
A 27-year-old man has surrendered himself to police in Oloitoktok, Kajiado County, Kenya and...
/ 4 days ago
A police inspector has been killed while another was injured when gunmen attacked Unwana...