A lady choked to death after falling asleep while chewing gum, an inquest heard this week.
Sulwen Jones, 55, chewed gum often which helped cope with having a dry mouth from medication.
However she was discovered dead at her house in Caernarfon, North Wales.
Her sister discovered her unconscious on October 5, 2021, and paramedics were not in a position to revive
The inquest this week was informed Sulwen took treatment for multiple sclerosis, which she was diagnosed with precisely 20 years before she died.
Sulwen usually chewed gum for her dry throat, the listening to heard.
Paramedics informed the hearing in Caernarfon they believed she had fallen asleep with a bit in her mouth and choked.
A post mortem later discovered traces of chewing gum throughout her physique including her airways.
Her medical reason for death was given as aspiration of chewing gum resulting from a number of sclerosis.
Assistant Coroner Sarah Riley returned a conclusion of unintentional demise.
She stated: “I agree with pathologists in respect of the medical reason behind death.
“Miss Jones’s death will be dominated as an accident because of the surprising consequence of chewing gum.”
Follow Topgist.ng across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
MOST RECENT POSTS
Music/ 1 week ago
Album : Papigunzo – Rhythm & Piano
The Album Rhythm & Piano by Record Producer & Songwriter PapiGunzo is his debuted...
Music/ 1 week ago
Mdhazz Ft. Rico6ix x SeunVibes – Gin Up (Lemonade Refix)
Internet Money, Mdhazz Beatout team up with Rico6ix and SeunVibes to cop GIN UP...
Music/ 2 weeks ago
Emperor Sleem – Gbadun (Prod. Xtra Pro)
Super talented singer/song writer Emperor Sleem unveils a brand new song titled “Gbadun“. Gbadun is a follow-up...
Music/ 3 weeks ago
DJ Legend – Club Session Trending Mixtape
Amazing Baklad Global Media Entertainment in conjunction with Hottest DJ Legend present a trending...